5 Things You Need to Know Before You Take a Cruise
If you’ve never been on a cruise before, you are missing out on a lot.
My family and I have been on 12 cruises and there was something special about each one. The most recent of our travels is the Alaska cruise. Five destinations and so much fun in seven days.
We’ve been on several five and seven day cruises and each one gave us an opportunity to experience a different way of living.
5 things that are worth knowing about cruising..
1. Know where you would like to go and when. The reason why this is so important is because where and when determines how much you pay for your cruise. There are different rates during different seasons and destinations. Book as soon as you have clarity and confirmation.
2. Make certain to choose a cruise package that fits your lifestyle and what you like to do. There’s numerous packages offered by a variety of cruise lines at different times and depending on the special.
The most common is the all- inclusive drink package. This includes alcohol and soda. Tap water, juice and coffee are complimentary. If you like to drink, this will suit you just fine and save you some money because this can be costly.
The specialty dining package is for those who want a private dining experience with great food. Truth be told, the food in the complimentary dining area is excellent too. But it was worth it just to taste 5 Star rated food.
The excursion package is great if you are adventurous and want to enjoy the ports best activities. To me the deal is cool, but when traveling with 4, it isn’t worth it for us to do.
Wifi can be very expensive. The Wifi package is popular if you don’t want to be disconnected with the outside world. Me personally, I liked not being attached to my phone as I am when I’m at home. But traveling with young adults, they go crazy without it.
3. Budget accordingly because you will be hit with a service charge per day and per person at the end of your cruise. The cruise staff works hard to exceed your expectations and make your stay one of a kind. The service charge is considered a tip for a job well done for making your vacation worth while. Every cruise I’ve been on, from the room attendent to the dining staff, I’ve enjoyed the service bar none. You get to know them and they get to kow you. Nevertheless, they deserve the service charge and I was more than willing to pay it.
4. Be certain to read the daily itinarary for all the on ship and off ship activities. Each day, whether at sea or at a port, there’s something to do. While at sea, we typically take advantage of the work out classes, the games, the informationals and the shows. The shows are spectacular and if it’s popular, it can fill up the auditorium fast. Try to catch as many as you can. We’ve been fortunate to see many. This past cruise, Michael Jackson was in the building. Oh yeah…
5. Get ready to meet people from all over the world. If you are an introvert, here’s a great way to get uncomfortable. I love meeting new people as cruising gives you the opportunity to network with many cultures. I so enjoy hearing where people are from and what they do for a living.
Overall, crusing has become a way of life for us for many reasons. The main reason is I can have accomodations and food all included while visiting amazing places. I have two growing boys who like to eat constantly. A cruise gives me all my monies worth.
I’m Nichelle.. your certified, degreed life and business strategist. I help you start, market, grow and profit as the CEO of you in your business and career. Learn more about what I do to help you at The Start Up CEO. Are you social? Connect with me on Instagram. Get business tips, inspiration and motivation on The People Connect Podcast. Don’t forget to follow my blog for more exciting post and connect with my travel channel on YouTube
Our final thoughts of this awesome cruise..
Don’t forget to Live and Go Travel
Blessings and peace,