5 Things I’ve Learned About Making Money Online
Social media has made making money online a career for many. The average person checks their social media profiles four to five times a day. This offers a huge opportunity for the creative entrepreneur and asspiring business owner to profit with potential.
Why work a part-time job when you could start a part-time business.
If you’ve thought about getting a part-time job, consider what skills and talents you can freelance and work on your own. Listed below I share 5 things I learned that helped me to earn the title of online marketer.
1. You don’t need to have a huge following to make money. Most people assume this to be the opposite. After failing several times and spending several hundred dollars trying to figure it out, I was estatic to pull in my first $50 dollars with 2,000 followers on Instagram. I simply shared information. Someone sent me an email, I sent them and invoice and BAM! I sold an informational product. I’ve heard of people doing it with less. So don’t let a limited number of followers be your focus. Make great, valuable content your hook. Since that time I’ve been consistent sharing my knowledge, creating products and selling my services with my online business and life coaching as well as my online store.
Become socially engaging and interact with people who follow you.
2. Hashtags matter. This is a great way to find your tribe and connect with your perspective audience. The person who bought my product found me through a hashtag search. Hashtags matter. Research tags associated with your business or product and connect with your future buyers. Get your Social Media Planning and Profit Bundle and start making money today.
3. What you promote should not be the same everywhere. All social platforms are not the same. Therefore you can’t treat them as such. What you market on Facebook may not work well on LinkedIn and vs versa. Pick a platform, find your tribe and build your business. Master it before moving to another.
4. Relationships are gold. Treat people how you want to be treated. From a biblical perspective, “Do unto others as you will have them do unto you.” It’s important to engage with your followers and build solid relationships. You can tell a lot about a person by what they post and share. Take that relationship to another level and make them a customer.
People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.
5. Have a plan, purpose and a price. These 3 perspectives can make or break your ability to be profitable online. Without a plan, you fail to plan. Without a purpose, you are aimlessly going nowhere and without a price, you may be bamboozled. Plan your strategy for making money. What purpose are you serving and for who? What value are you delivering to determine your price? If you don’t know what to charge for your products or services, check out Price it to Sell and Profit.
Overall, building a business online just like any other business, takes time, commitment, knowledge and consistency. The more you know, the more you grow with the ability to profit emensly. Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and try something new.
I’m Nichelle.. your certified and degreed life and business strategist. I help you start, market, grow and profit in your business, life and career. If you need one on one help with dominating your space, let’s chat at I Need Clarity. If you like information, inspiration and motivation about business, subscribe to The People Connect Podcast. Until next time,