How to Use Social Media to Elevate Your Life
If you are going to be on social media all day, you might as well be making money and making new friends.
“It takes discipline not to let social media steal your time.” Alexis Ohanian
There are so many platforms to connect with people on many levels. Whether you are seeking a new career or starting and growing a business, you can make it happen on platforms like Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest and Periscope. Listed below are 5 ways to uplevel your next level with social media.
1. Meet new people. Gone are the days of just being local. Now you can “go global” with the tap of a finger. You can like, share and engage with people all over the world on social media. Make it a point yo do so. Your network is your net worth.
2. Expand your reach. If you want to expand your reach, you should be connecting with 50 to 100 new people a day via social media. It doesn’t have to be just one platform. Like their post, comment and engage, get to know them better. Most opportunities are acquired through a connection. You never know who knows who. Your new connection could mean a new job, a new opportunity, a new relationship or simply, a new friend. Use social media to your advantage and make the most of every post and/or comnent.
3. Use social media like a business card or a promo tool. Real talk.. no one can promote you like you. Let’s be honest! Do you always have a business card handy?Probably not. But I bet you have your smart phone because most people do. With the ability to upload pictures, livestream and share, your expertise is readily available. Connect with your tribe right on the spot. When I’m out and I meet a new person, I ask what’s their social handle to connect. It’s the fastest way to build your network as 90% of people use some form of social media.
“Social media is changing the way we communicate and the way we are perceived. Both positively and negatively. Every time you post a photo, or update your status, you are contributing to your own digital footprint and personal brand.” Amy Jo Martin
4. Create a game plan when using social media. Me personally, everytime I post anywhere, there’s purpose behind it. Time is a valuable commodity and if I’m going to be spending time on it, I must be receiving something in return. I use each social platform differently as all have a specific purpose. I’ve been fortunate to meet some amazing people all over the world on each one. Why? I engage and connect. I’ve also been fortunate to make some income as well. The Start, Market and Grow Business Bundle is my top selling product. It’s perfect for new entrepreneurs or those interested in growing a business.
5. Deliver quality content. I know you’ve heard content is king. Well.. the truth is content is what separates you from everyone else. Therefore, it’s the rule of every platform in order to get recognized. You are your brand and your brand is you. Believe it or not, employers search for you on social media before they hire you. And yes you are still visable with a private account. Business owners research you before they work with you. Nevertheless, be mindful of what you share. It can either make you money or cost you money in the end. Download my FREE ebook “41 Tips to Make Social Media Profitable. You will learn tactics to help you start, market, grow and profit with social media.
I’m Nichelle.. your certified life and business strategist. I help you start, market, grow and profit in your life and business. Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog so you don’t miss a single post. Also check out The People Connect Podcast for information, inspiration and motivation. Until next time..