12 Ways to Live on the Creative Side
“Art, freedom and creativity will change society faster than politics.” Victor Pinchuk
Creativity is the fire that runs through your veins and creates energy that burst into individuality. How creative are you? Everyone has a creative side although sometimes it is hidden and does not come to the surface quite as quickly as it does for others. Nevertheless, if you don’t know what you are creative at, you can develop creativity by digging deep into your soul and practicing until it is uniquely yours,
Searching for your creative side and bringing it to the forefront is not always easy. Most often one may be concerned what others will think of them if they shared their creative juices. Don’t worry! Creativity is what makes us different from everyone else. So if you find your creative spot, give it light. Shine in it and live in its purpose. Here are some top tips for helping you to draw out your creative side and expand on your creativity.
- Create a to do or not do list. You can expand your creativity greatly and get that side working by making up a list whenever you have a problem which needs some creative thinking, Write down as many ideas as you possibly can for solutions and let your creativity flow. What do you need to do to solve the problem?
- Make positive changes in your life. Sometimes we can get a creative block if we are stuck in a rut, Make some changes to your daily routine to get the channels flowing again. Discover what you like and don’t like then plan to change it. Even though change may be scary, the after effects can be liberating. A little positivity is good for the soul.
- Work on your bad habits. We all have them. It has been said that it takes 21 days to break a bad habit. Working on new habits can be challenging, but they are worthy for our growth process.. Put the bad habits into categories., Ask yourself if I changed this habit, how will it impact my life. How much creativity will it take for you to turn bad habits into good habits?
- Work with other creative people. Surround yourself with others who have the same interest as you. As long as it is good energy, This many enable you to expand your knowledge and awareness. Working in a group and brainstorming together is a great way to develop creativity. You will often find that you have something in common with others.
- Challenge yourself and others. Challenge yourself by telling yourself you can’t do something the way you have always done it, You will then have to think of new ways to get around the problem which can lead to some very creative suggestions. Nevertheless, be yourself in the process of change.
- Doodle If you are stuck for ideas to a solution then keep a pen and paper handy and let your imagination run wild. Jot every though and idea on the paper, it’s surprising what you will come up with if you free your mind this way.
- Encourage the thinking side of your brain The right side of your brain is where the creativity starts so give it a jolt and wake it up by activating it using the left side, Try breathing out using only your left nostril a few times a day just to alert the other side to work a little harder. Sounds crazy, but it works!
- Hire a life coach. If you feel your creativity is truly depleted then consider hiring a life coach to help you find it, A life coach can help you to establish the areas of your life where your creativity is lacking and work with you to strengthen it. There are many advantages to hiring a life coach. Often times it’s difficult for us to pin point areas of improvement where as someone from outside can help us to build those strengths. If I can be of help to you, reach out to me here.
- Think like a child. Children have the most vivid mindset and they rarely take things seriously. Be open-minded and willing to let go of all your adult obligations, stresses, strains and worries and go back to your childhood if only for an hour., Children have the best imaginations and their creativity knows no boundaries. Think like a child when you are stuck for creative ideas and they will soon flow freely once again.
- Relax! Relaxation is fuel to the soul. It enables you to rejuvenate all broken pieces and restores them whole. Sometimes creativity can become depleted if we are under great stress. Learning a relaxation technique, taking deep breaths in and out, not only makes you feel better but can help to clear your mind, Give yourself a fresh start and get your creative side flowing again through a relaxing mode. Try getting a massage or sitting in a quiet room with the lights off. Both methods are well worth the time.
- Use some mind games. Who doesn’t like a great game? Games are great stress reliever. Keep a few mind games on hand like logic puzzles. By taking your mind off your problem and solving a puzzle, you are using your brain and using your brain leads to positive and creative thinking.
- Color in between the lines. As a child, we often colored to pass the time away. Buy several coloring books and when you are lacking direction, pick up your crayons and get to coloring in between the lines. Not only will it require you to be challenged by staying in the lines, but it will free your mind.
“If you’re to create something powerful and important, you must at the very least be driven by an equally powerful inner force.”
I’m Nichelle, your certified and degreed life and business strategist. I help you start, market, grow and profit like a CEO. Are you on Instagram? Let’s connect! Check out The People Connect Podcast for more tips, tricks, motivation and inspiration in life and business.
Blessings & peace,